It’s been a long long time since I’ve posted any new recipes. Not that I think that anyone is following me at this moment. But for those who wonder why, I’ve moved into a new house and with that house, an awesome new kitchen.
These easy apple muffins are the first things I baked in my brand new oven.
I didn’t plan on baking this in the new oven, we hadn’t even moved in yet. But it so happend that my old trusty oven just broke down, right when I had everything ready and wanted to bake these muffins in the oven, it just died on me. What to do?
So I just drove 30 minutes to the new house and baked them right there. And they were awesome.
I made these easy apple muffins for my birthday and when my birthday is around, so is autumn. With it’s abundantly bright colors and warm spices.
The mixed spices in this recipe contains cinnamon, nutmeg, coriander, allspice, cloves and caraway. They are deliciously warming and smell so nice. If you can’t get your hand on all of them, I suggest you use a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice.
This recipe is also refined sugar free and gluten free.
- 50 gr Chestnut flour (can be replaced with almond)
- 50 gr Almond flour
- 50 gr Buckwheat flour
- 1 tbs Arrowroot
- 1 tsp Baking power
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Mixed spices (koek kruiden)
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- Pinch of himalayan salt
- 100 ml Coconut rice milk (or any plant based milk)
- 1 tbs Apple cider vinegar
- 2 Eggs
- 5 Dates (pitted)
- 1 Ripe banana
- 1 big red apple (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Prepare the muffin tins with baking cups.
- Sift all the dry ingredients and mix them together in a bowl.
- Add the apple cider vinegar to the milk in another bowl.
- Whisk the eggs and add it to the milk.
- Mash the pitted dates on a plate with a fork until smooth.
- Add the banana and mash until it's mixed with the dates and add this to the milk and egg mixture.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until incorporated and add the chopped apple.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups (using a ice-cream scooper makes this easy)
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.