My husband asked me if I could make him a snack to bring along to work. He normally doesn’t want to bring any of my cakes, because he doesn’t want to share hahaha.
But these blueberry muffins are easy to bring and easy to share. The keep well and are nice and moist for several days – if you can keep away from them that long 😉
It’s a small recipe for only 6 muffins, but if you want to share more you can double the recipe.
You can easily make this recipe with a food processor by dumping everything in there – except for the blueberries of course. But without a food processor you can get pretty far too.
Mash the dates and banana on a plate with a fork and use oat flour instead of quick oats to get a nice smooth batter.
- ½ cup/50 gr Almond flour
- ½ cup/60 gr Quick oats or oat flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of himalayan salt
- ½ cup/ 10 Fresh dates (soft and pitted)
- ½ Ripe banana
- 2 tbs Coconut oil
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup/50 ml Plant based milk
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- Frozen blueberries as many as you like
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 400°F.
- If you're using quick oats than add these to the food processor and mix until you have a fine meal.
- Mix the almond flour with the oat flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add the dates to the food processor with the banana. Mix until it's a puree.
- Next add the coconut oil, eggs and plant based milk with apple cider vinegar. Add the flour and mix until you have a nice smooth batter.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared muffin cups and push some frozen blueberries in each of the muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until they are nice golden brown.