If you’re looking for an easy and tasty gluten free cake, look no further. This coconut cake is really easy to make and has only 9 ingredients – that’s including the chocolate glaze. (9 ingredients is not a lot in baking terms.)
It’s also nice non chocolate glazed, but I think a little extra chocolate can do no harm. And you won’t taste that it’s gluten free because it’s super moist, soft and fluffy and stays good for several days.
So make this cake and enjoy!
- ½ cup + 1 tbs/40 gr Coconut flour
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla powder
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 4 tbs/ 45 gr Coconut oil
- 4 tbs/40 gr Raw honey
- ¼ cup/30 ml Plant based milk (oat milk)
- 3 Eggs (yolks and whites separated)
- For the glazing:
- 150 gr Dark chocolate (I like 85%)
- 1 tbs Coconut oil
- (optional some shredded coconut)
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Mix the coconut flour with the baking powder, vanilla and salt in a bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small sauce pan and add the honey. Let it cool off a bit.
- Add the plant based milk to the coconut and honey and keep stirring while adding the egg yolks.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff in a clean bowl.
- Now add the wet ingredient to the coconut flour and keep stirring. The coconut flour will absorb all the moist.
- Carefully add the egg whites and stir until incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a with parchment paper prepared pan.
- Bake the cake for about 30 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.
- For the glaze: melt the chocolate au-bain-marie and add the coconut oil.
- You can pour the glaze over the cake once the cake has cooled off. Sprinkle with shredded coconut.